Tuesday, February 7, 2012

love notes and gap teeth

travis is in wyoming for the week, installing cabinets with his uncle for some dollar bills. he was pretty sad the night before he left, being extra clingy and refusing to be in separate rooms. we aren't one of those couples who refuse to pee in front of each other. they're just bodies right? 

also, he doesn't ever want me to post the dates of when he's gone because he says it's not safe... uhhh how is that supposed to make me feel?? like i have to be on guard for a break in and attack the entire time he's gone if i post that he's gone because someone will take advantage of him being gone?? breathe.
i guess in his line of work, this paranoia is to be expected.

when i got up yesterday morning, he had left this note for me.


pretty darling. i hate spending money. like i had been wearing the same pair of contacts for two months because i didn't want to shell out 50 bucks (for 6 months worth... i'm not wearing supersonic contacts or anything...). also, i have been dying to dye my hair (punny right?) forever but feel guilty spending money on something so frivolous. travis is all about spoiling me, even though we don't have gobs of cash laying around. also, he is always telling me how proud of me he is, for being in school and working so hard. ah travis, my blog is turning into your shrine...

in other news, i have a huge test today for my sensation and perception class. it's the first test of the semester, so there's all that anxiety about the unknown. will he be a tough grader? will his questions be tricky? i have been studying my brains out, so we'll see.

oh and something else, something funny. this is what i looked like when i was ten years old. my mom dragged this beauty out of the archives last saturday.


pretty attractive amirite? oh i hated how i looked!! i still feel a little embarrassed looking at this picture, and i can vividly remember my some of my classmates being pretty awful about it. like the time i found a book one of the more popular girls made under a desk. kinda reminiscent of the burn book from mean girls. my name was in it, next to the words ugliest girl in the class. seriously, can we teach our children to be nice to each other?? grade school kids can be pretty cruel yes? i'm sure we all have a story like this repressed somewhere in our brains. well, after my initial glance at this picture feeling pretty ashamed and embarrassed, i remembered my new mantra of self love. and i decided to give her the chance she wished her peers would have. i love that gap toothed, coke bottle glasses, terrible haircut ten year old. i hope you love yours, too.

so the sex post is coming. i have two tests, a quiz, and a paper due on top of lectures and textbook readings. so this week is a little nuts. but you know how it gets when travis is gone... me up until 2am blogging about how much i miss the ocean... can you imagine if i was a drinker?? just be grateful you'll never have to know how sappy i could get.

oh and another thing. if you need something great to listen to, check this out. and everything else they do. they do solo stuff and collaborative as well.  they are one of those amazing powercouples who play music together. (thanks benny shell for introducing me.)

have a wonderful self loving tuesday. xo

8 comments:

  1. In 6th grade, someone wrote on my art project that was hanging in the hallway outside my classroom.... it said "Cari Ann stuffs her bra" lol is it any wonder I have a complex about them? haha at least I didn't have to pay for them, and THEN hate them lol Gosh I am glad those days are over, I don't owe those people anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh collette. I remember and love that ten year old girl. She was always smiling and full of love and adventure. I think everyone has an "ugly duckling" picture and time of life. Kids are cruel though. I just read a few of your posts, and loved them. You are a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this!!! How terrific. I have a feeling we would have been friends at any age we met.
    And your comment on my blog made ME cry :) Adam told me that I don't have to post my "downer" blogposts, that I can just write them and print them out and keep them in a journal for myself. But I don't feel like that would give people an honest portrayal of my life and the things we go through - thanks for loving and accepting all sides of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just one word "LOVE"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh, cutest post. Being in love is the best. I love your style, Collette! You're so fun & bubbly & honest & really have such good taste. You are so beautiful - now AND when you were 10 years old! It's just natural for you. Love it! XO!

      Delete
  5. Mawwwww! That's adorable. Shawn and I used to be huge on love notes and letters, recently, the only love notes i get are on the calendar or white board hinting that my husband wants some. Super romantic.

    Also, I love that picture. We all have one, or 78. Every time I see a picture of my hair in Junior High, I want to die. What in THE hell was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So travis. :) and you were an adorable gapped toothed girl!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers