Tuesday, February 7, 2012

creepin' on professor dempsey

feeling super creep right now.
for the story i want to tell, i needed a picture of one of my professors. he doesn't have one on the university page, so naturally, i google imaged him and there was one picture.


i have become that person who stays up late searching the intarwebs for pictures of her professors. when did this become my life??

here's the story. i am taking research methods from an outstanding teacher. he makes learning fun, he's enthusiastic, he told us to think of him as a "human professor" instead of those gradspeak robots who teach psych classes. he remembers our names and really tries hard. he even admitted that sometimes he gets nervous lecturing. and he remembered that i jokingly suggested doughnuts would help us stay awake (class is from 6-9pm) and he brought some today!

oh and he looks like patrick dempsey. 

which never hurts.



it's not the best picture of my professor, and he doesn't have a goatee anymore, but do you see what i mean a little bit? 


(remember, i'm kind of obsessed with (shame) grey's anatomy.plus, his mannerisms, crinkly eye smile, and laugh are similar too!)

today, we were all sitting there waiting for class to start. our teacher comes in and is setting up. he shows off the doughnuts. we all laugh. it's looking to be a great class. then i open my mouth.
"you know, professor ______, you have a celebrity look alike!" i blurt.
"oh really?" he says, "who?"
pause. "well, do you ever watch greys's anatomy?" and my voice gets quiet and embarrassed. the class listens intently. "he's the neurosurgeon, and you teach psychology, so it's even better!"
then one of the red headed Armenian twins speaks up. don't worry, the red hair is dyed. "wait, isn't he the one they call 'mcdreamy'?!" then the other twin joins in, "yeah! mcdreamy! you know, the hot one!"
at this point our professor is looking pretty red. "uhhh..."
i have already looked up a picture on my phone of mcdreamy and am showing it to my classmates. then i realize, i've basically just told my professor i think he's mcdreamy... 
i shrink in my chair. "okay, i didn't mean for that to be so ...inappropriate!!" i call out. the class is nervously laughing. our professor is looking at me now, saying, "i dunno, this just seems a little inappropriate..." he's laughing. of course i keep awkwardly apologizing and saying, "forget i said anything! i didn't mean anything! he's just a good actor..." WTH? WHY WHY WHY?? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE EVER TAPE MY MOUTH SHUT???


ok then there's the situation a few weeks ago with my father in law.
i love my father in law. but can i just tell you that he is the most stubborn person on earth. no really, think of the most stubborn person you know and then multiply it by 10. i don't really want to go into the whole story, but basically, he knows how to poke the sleeping bear. me being the sleeping bear. two weeks ago, i got so angry at him, i walked over to the sink, filled a cup with water, walked back  to him, and dumped it into his lap. i basically supersoaked my father in law. oh and i swore at him, too, said "shit" in a sentence to him. and then i filled a bucket with water and was going to pour that on him too and travis had to pry it out of my hands.
and then travis asked his dad if he had wet his pants.


yeah, it's out of control.
i know i should just keep my mouth shut, or not react when someone is trying to get a rise out of me, but it's like in that moment, i just forget.
you guys do that, too, right?

4 comments:

  1. still funny! I am dying with laughter over here. Sorry to laugh at your misfortunes, but man they are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhahahahahahaha! I love this. I heard my father in law say "bitch" for the first time in my entire life - and I about died laughing. And that pretty much has nothing to do with your post. Soooo, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "totally inappropriate" but still so you. :) why do have your stories feel like they belong in a tv show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never met my Father in Law, but I doubt like hell I would ever intentionally pour....excuse me, dump a glass of water on his lap. And I'm fairly certain Joe would kindly take me out back and beat my, well, you know.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers