Monday, January 16, 2012

january happenings

last week was crazy.
a lot of great things happened all at once. i'm going to bullet them out for your convenience.
  • school started. this semester is my final battle before finally scoring that pesky bachelor's degree. i am taking 13 credits, and my classes are extremely interesting. i have cognitive psych, sensation and perception, abnormal psych, and research methods. these are classes i don't really have any background knowledge in, and this freaks me out, mostly because i like to be the "smart" person in class. yeah, i'm that person. but it's also humbling and interesting to learn things that are completely new, yes? yes. even if it means glaring jealous daggers at the girl in sensation and perception who has gorgeous skin, cool tattoos, and rocks her hot, mulletish hair while answering every question our professor throws out. correctly. and then spouts comments that make him say this, every time, "oh how very interesting. i have never thought about it that way before." ahhh jealousy.
  • my mom found a job! my dad has been out of work for a few months now. he works with the stock market and the fund that he traded for shut down. so while he is working on building up business, my mom has renewed her teaching license and been job hunting, along with subbing, teaching music, and creating her own vocal school. (she is making bank from this.) she found a great job this week and i'm so proud of her.
  • umm, we may have sold out house. last thursday, some buyers made an offer, we countered at full price, and they have verbally accepted it. we are supposed to hear back today if they signed or not. i am terrified of getting excited too soon, but part of me can't help it. on pins and needles here, people.
  • my christmas present finally came! perfect timing too, since now i have school and homework to be working on. instead i have been waking up at the crack of dawn to go outside and learn how to use all the buttons on my camera. i've been having a good time and sometime in the near future will be starting a little business venture. let me know if you want me to practice on you or your family, fo' free!
  • my sister-in-law and one of my best friends, who are the same person, found out that she is having a baby girl! the family had a big party to reveal the sex of the baby and we're all just so thrilled.


  • i went out to lunch with a new friend of mine, who is one of those kindred spirits who doesn't feel like a new friend at all. we went for thai and spent an afternoon discussing terrible ex boyfriends, sex and our culture, and our shared passion for feminism- so basically all my favorite subjects. check out her blog sometime. and yes, it is quite possible for a devout LDS gal to associate with an atheist gal. WHAT IS THIS YOU SAY!?!?! no really, it's possible for two people with different beliefs to consider and respect each other's thoughts and maybe even, i don't know, learn something! plus we just had a really good time.
  • travis went to counseling with me on friday. oh great, now this blog is going to become her PTSD journal. i had some pretty rough nights last week and in counseling, travis and i talked about how each of us deal with all that and some ways that travis can understand what's going on with me. going to probably blog about this more in detail later. basically, this bullet should illustrate how fantastic travis is and how amazing it is to be able to be open with another human being.
well, that's pretty much it for my exciting life. i'll probably just leave you with some pictures. cross your fingers about the house!
i have a pretty fantastic relationship with my father in law. (above)
is travis not SMOKIN' HOT!?
also, thanks melissa for the photo of travis and i.

3 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers and my legs and my arms!!!!!!!!!! Good luck! I will make sure to keep that in my prayers. and hey you fished me with that baby picture and a little bump! well I'm happy for your in-laws for their happy news!! and those pics do look great!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wanna come out to NYC, I know a whole host of people who would loooove to pose for a camera :)

    Seriously, any time you wanna come out, I would loooove to host you (and your hubby, I guess that is a package deal)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Travis, SO good. And you can use my face to photograph anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers