Wednesday, April 18, 2012

my husband, the artsy fartsy photographer

yesterday, i decided i wanted a picture to send out with my graduation announcements. as much as i love taking pictures of other people, i hate having my picture taken. my face never looks the way i wish it did, i can't get rid of my double chin, i have acne scars, no matter how much weight i lose i always wish i were skinnier, other insecurities i have dealt with all my life, etc. etc. etc. (no, i'm not begging you to reassure me about how pretty i am.) plus i couldn't figure out what to wear and then the cloud cover went away and it was terrible bright lighting. so needless to say, i was really grumpy about travis taking my picture.

then he wasn't very thrilled when the location i chose was on private property and we had to hike in a ways.
private property doesn't apply to open fields right? just gated communities and buildings after dark.

despite the shadows on my face and eyes, i am pretty happy with how they turned out. travis got me to loosen up and laugh. and he took this gorgeous picture of me but it was kind of a pin up, boob town picture, and i'm thinking it's not appropriate for the intarwebs, but we were pretty much laughing the entire shoot. love that guy. plus travis got a crash course on how to take pictures with the scary DSLR of a very picky female with insecurities, which means i can get my picture taken once in a while and actually like it. 

enjoy!












3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these, Collette! You work that camera - behind it & in front! Way to go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOAR BOOBIES!

    Just kidding. I think I'm gonna make this anonymous so the world doesn't think I'm creepy...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers