Sunday, April 15, 2012

cowpokes, mini trips, and hooking.

when my parents, travis, and i take a mini trip to idaho falls for a wedding...

my dad drives his bimmer. and by drives i mean drives 110mph. then my mom, while looking out the window calmly, warns, "douglas, you're going to get a ticket." and travis falls a tiny bit in love with my dad.

we listen to all the music i grew up on- REM, chicago, john denver, freddy jones band, etc. those are some of my favorite childhood memories, sitting next to my dad in our old red ford on some trip, the volume cranked, harmonizing with my dad's amazing falsetto.

we somehow end up at the mall all afternoon. we have the intentions of finding travis some new shoes, and somehow end up with earrings and two new pairs of heels for me. (amazing buy one get one sale.) i don't think travis should go shoe shopping with me. he kept encouraging me to try on more, "look these are only $13!" oh travis, i keep falling in love with you all over again. 


because the theme was 'cowboy' we all dress down for the reception. and we raided my grandpa's hat collection. i think we made some pretty attractive cowpokes.

did i mention i'm teaching travis guitar and he is obsessed with it?
 that plus this picture of him... fantasy much?


my mom, former miss idaho falls. and my dad, bruce willis's stunt double.

if you care to see any of the pictures from the wedding reception, go {here}

annalee made a beautiful country bride. 


then, on our way home, we stopped at a pizza hut in blackfoot, idaho.
and we saw the most amazing thing we had ever seen.

a checkered shirted family out for saturday night dinner. chubby little kid with the most glorious mullet known to man, dancing behind him as he skipped to the bathroom. his dad took the cake. hook for a hand. HOOK FOR A HAND. (i'm sorry if my getting a kick out of this offends you. but it was a HOOK FOR A HAND! what do you want from me??) just a beautiful little family with their mullets and hooks for hands. and beards, suspenders, and overalls. just glorious.

a great day with the people i love.
HOOK FOR A HAND!

xo

4 comments:

  1. HOT DAMN!!!! I actually squealed when I scrolled to the hot picture of you and Travis. and then I scrolled down and saw your mom and screamed!!!! she looks amaaaaaazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i died.

    HOOK FOR A HAND!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha I am craaaaacking up over here.
    I mean, it is 4 in the morning and I am so hot I can't sleep but you sure do provide some quality entertainment for a sleepless pregnant lady.
    Gosh.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OwOW! You rock that outfit! And so does your mama! Beauties.

    And hahaha. Where is a photo of the family when I need a good laugh? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers