Monday, November 11, 2013

halloweener

this halloween morning i woke up remembering last year's halloween.

i hadn't curled my hair or put on make up in a looooooong time, and i remember so wishing to enjoy the holiday. i made the effort to shower, and then sat on the bathroom counter to gussy myself up, because i was too exhausted to stand for that long. i hadn't thrown up that day, and i was hopeful that as i neared the second trimester, i would start getting better. i was very nauseated as i drove myself to my parents' (travis was at the fire station) and i kept my puke bowl handy in my lap. my mom made her annual meat hand, and i had to breathe through my mouth to be able to sit at the table with the family. later, visiting trav's family, i had to hold my breath from the overwhelming smell of broccoli cheese soup. i had a fake smile plastered on my face, thinking in my head, what on earth am i going to be able to eat. i am so hungry.

it was horrible.

after remembering that awful day, triggered by yet another dream about vomiting, i heard the sounds of remington waking up and chattering to himself in his room. "ahh bah bah bah dah dah dah!" i reminded myself that the nightmare of last year is over, and mentally sent that girl from last halloween a hug and told her, see, you made it. then i headed to remy's room and was greeted with a giant, gummy grin.

this year's halloween was much improved. travis had to work, which was poop city, but remy and i had a great day together, and even had a coordinating costume.





goldilocks and the baby bear!
cool yarn wig my mom whipped up in ten minutes. 
adorable huh. 



we even went trick or treating! just to a few houses in my parents' neighborhood. had to show off the boy, ya know. i felt like a thief though, because, come on, remy wasn't eating any candy. everyone kept telling me, "that's the perk of having a kid! free candy!" alright, i'll take whatever perks i can. 

but really, how is he so adorable. 






he kept smearing his face paint lipstick and eyeliner. probably ingested most of it from licking his fingers. 
somehow they survive, right? 




of course my mom made her meat hand for dinner and i was able to eat some this year! 





remy was pretty into the bright colored candy stash. next year, kid. 

we visited travis at the station later, but he was coming down with a cold and felt yucky. yucky. being a mom has apparently taken over my vernacular. 

stopped by the bodtchers' and hung with the in laws. overall a good holiday. what 'they' say is true, holidays are much more fun with children, and mine isn't even old enough to understand why he had to wear a bear suit and have rouge smeared on his face. 

happy halloweener! 


xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers