Monday, February 3, 2014

remy's nursery.

oh man. even before i was seriously considering getting pregnant, i had all kinds of ideas about creating a beautiful nursery. it would be gender neutral and reminiscent of winnie the pooh's christopher robin's bedroom. it also had to be pretty inexpensive, so a lot of the furniture and decor are second hand finds.

so now that remy is going on 10 months old, i figured it was high time i posted some pictures of how his room turned out.
he can't ever grow up, because i need this to be his room forever.


here's the view walking in.
the minute we walked into this room when we were looking at this house, i knew this was our baby's room. the vaulted ceiling and beautiful light.


thanks for the great print kelli brough!




the changing table was a steal from ikea. the baskets on sale at home goods. the print is also from ikea, duh! i may have an ikea addiction.





this cute wagon and the chair next to it were made by my great grandpa pancheri and used to be mine.





this white shelf-y thing is from the D.I. my mom had found it while i was pregnant, but she didn't want to buy it without me ever seeing it. i pulled myself from the couch and my mom helped me walk through the D.I. to see it. she paid for it while i sat outside puking in the parking lot. a guy walked by and told me i should try drinking sprite for my nausea. good thing i was so weak, or i would have punched him in the face.



this mobile was so cheap and easy to make. just cut out a zillion felt circles, sew them in lines, and tie onto an embroidery hoop. probably cost five bucks overall, and remy loves it.





the crib is from babies r' us and i think it was the cheapest one they had. travis actually picked it out!





this painting was done by remy's great grandma charles.


the crib bedding was generously given to us by trav's parents. i ordered it online somewhere... like cribbedding.com or something.






the "i am a child of god" was cross-stitched by remy's great grandma reed.



i found a few of these prints at the D.I. in idaho falls, months before i got pregnant. these pieces were the first things i found for rem's room.



this chair was my big find at, wait for it, ... a yard sale.







the curtains are some i had laying around from our old house, from walmart. my grandma sewed on some cute gold buttons i had in my craft box.



this sweet elephant is from ikea, of course.



my mom, grandma reed, and i created the banner. i picked the fabric and let's be honest, they did all the sewing. thanks mom and grandma!



there you have it! cheap and functional, and if i say so, pretty adorable.
and the baby isn't half bad, either. :)

xo.



5 comments:

  1. Fun Collette! I love all the parts of it but I especially think the mobile you made is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so dang cute. i LOVE the print kelli gave you! i love his colorful mobile, i love the baskets from home goods, i love the banner, i love the wooden wagon and chair. ....a room well-done! [[also. I have an ikea addiction too. like, half our furniture is from there... or target.. no shame!]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute nursery. Remington is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, his nursery is amazing, and the little man's cheeks look so squishable. :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers