Saturday, February 2, 2013

above the smog.

you know the expression, bored to tears?
yeah, that's a real thing.
last week, sitting in my parents' kitchen, i was feeling so cooped up, cabin fevered, and tired of being on bed rest, that i started crying.
"i just want to go to the gym!" i wailed to my parents.
i'm sure the nausea, smoggy january inversion, and hormones played a role, too.

the next morning, my dad told me he was taking me to the mountains for some fresh air. and that i should bring my camera. we drove up big cottonwood canyon, listened to harry potter, naturally, and got above the cloud of death. warmer temperatures, sunshine, and clean white snow. my camera greeting me like an old friend.

can you see the face in the gnarled trunk? it's called pareidolia. cool articles {here} and {here} our brains are so cool.





we ended up hiking a ways and becoming buried up to our waists in the snow. using my body to move, being surrounded by beauty, and laughing with my dad made for a pretty great afternoon. love him. and warmer, less polluted air is coming.



xo

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers