Tuesday, January 22, 2013

24: family love, HP, and getting owned by stairs.

week 24.

wouldn't that be something if my mom really was pregnant.

kickin' it MORMONSTYLE.

some maternity shops have a little cushion you can strap over your stomach
 to see what the clothes will look like as your belly grows. naturally, my mom strapped that bad boy on. 


we treated ourselves to a much needed and well deserved pedi, complete with hot stone massage. ahhhhh. 

   
    always a good time when we go out. 


vitals looking good and veins feeling a little better that day!

        
travis, bless him, is working a zillion shift trades at the fire department so he can have the whole month off after remy makes his entrance, so i stayed with my parents all last week. can't say how grateful i am for my family. every morning, my dad gives me a cheerful, "mornin' pumpkin! what would you like for breakfast?" and then hangs out and eats with me. we watch all those loud stock market analysis shows together (as that is his line of work) and he usually gives me a lesson in economics. my mom, who works from home as a teacher at an online school, checks on me throughout the day. one of them is always willing to take me to the infusion center to "be watered." for the past week, my mom has been making me the meal i've been able to eat for dinner, noodles with a very mild white cheese sauce. my brothers always say hello and goodnight to remington and rub my back or give up their spot on the couch for me. pretty wonderful family i've got. 

also, they are all on a harry potter kick. like they have all torrented the audio books and are listening to the different books in their rooms, the kitchen, or the car. my family has always been pretty potter-crazed, but lately it's gone to another level.

snuggling up with baby brother zane and listening to HP 4.
and probably acting it out as we listen.
at breakfast sunday morning, after obama was sworn in as president, my mom remarked, "have we ever seen his arms? i think he is probably hiding a dark mark under those sleeves." president obama is a death eater. -luann charles. (everyone is entitled to their opinion right? a wonderful thing about our country.) but pretty much everything is a harry potter reference around here. 

oh, and everyone in the family likes to shout, "DRANK!" every time they see me, as in, drink some more water you dried up old prune. 

had several good days, but totally overdid it on the good days, like walking too much and not resting enough or drinking enough. so then had some pretty bad days. 

sort of threw up. 
what does that mean you ask? 
like i was gagging over the toilet and puke was coming out, but it wasn't anywhere near as terrible as the straight 5-10 minute heaving of kidneys and liver as before.
plus it only happened once. 
and i didn't pee in my trou-sas. (in english accent. although pants would be the more accurate term, since that's what they call underwear, right?)
not sure if i'm counting it as breaking my streak or not. 

at the beginning of the week my vitals and such were looking better at hydration, (a first!) but then they went south again. and i'm still making it through both bags of fluid without having to pee, so they want me to keep coming. okay body, you're the boss. 

oh also, other cool story, travis got a part time job as a paramedic at TOSH, a hospital dealing with orthopedics... something. this is awesome because it pays enough that he'll be able to quit all the other part time jobs that take so much time and pay so little. he was picked over like 15 other guys! way to go trav!

speaking of travis, this week was the last week of the duck hunt, yes my husband is a hunter, something i did not grow up with. (although my dad is an extreme fly fisherman, which is in the same train of thought, right?) yeah sure, but there are now three dead ducks frozen in my freezer. of course they are frozen in the freezer. uh, gross?!?!?! travis is dead set on getting them stuffed and then putting them somewhere in the house. i'm going to have to call NOT GONNA HAPPEN on that one, babe. i told him they will made a lovely addition to the garage. 

referred to myself as a mom for the first time. if you care to know the exact phrasing it was, "mama needs her beer!" you know, called out in a loud voice at the grocery store. my mom and i were looking for the margarita drink mix, as i'm still on a sour lime craving kick. oops, pregnant women aren't supposed to drink beer. sorry remy, this probably isn't the last time your mother will embarrass you with inappropriate yellings. 

oh yeah, fell down the stairs. (and spilled said margarita all over my face and the floor.) because i'm just that good at being a pregnant person. i'm saying it was due to the drunkenness, not clumsiness. and seriously stairs, do you not see how hard i have been trying to survive this pregnancy? i have not made it this far to mess something up by falling down stairs. 

also, gained some weight. at a total weight gain of 15 pounds by 24 weeks! woo! amazing what happens when you stop throwing up and are able to eat a few things, eh? 

that's pretty much it for my super exciting life. 
still feeling really nauseous most of the time, but compared to before, i can't complain too much.
trying to stay positive and keep eating.
amazing what you can endure when you don't have a choice, eh?

xo

1 comment:

  1. You are a warrior!!!! I love that you have such a loving husband & family who takes such good care of you! Also love how into hp you all are :) go hufflepuff, right?! (just cause it's fun to say. Love all those Fs ;))

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers