Saturday, June 2, 2012

what to do when you're unemployed and finished with school.

since graduating college, i haven't had much to do. no deadlines, no papers, no job. instead, this ish has been going down.

shopping with my mom. here is she wearing size 22 men's shoes.
my mom is always so supportive and caring. 
plus we always find something good to laugh at. 

spending time with my mr. taking bike rides, cooking, and 
eating out at our new favorite mexican place, {geckos}


 workin' on my fitness. 
for fifteen days, i went mostly without sugar. 
mostly? you may be wondering what that means.
this means that i stopped eating dessert after every meal and every half hour.
one shouldn't be sucking down junior mints at 8am. 
but i discovered how much eating sweets is a part of how i enjoy life. 
like when my dad makes homemade chocolate mousse for 
sunday dinner. i'm just not saying no. 
so for me, it's about eating sweets in moderation and 
at appropriate times, not just because i'm bored or sad. 
also, since i sprained my back, i have been pretty gun shy 
about the gym. but the past few weeks, i have gotten back into
kickboxing, weights, and step class. it feels so great! 


 liana and i at the bees baseball game. 
she could have her baby any day now. 
to keep her from going insane waiting, we have been 
doing all sorts of fun things, like taking more maternity pictures,
eating gelato, painting a giant tree in the nursery (pictures to come!)
laughing A LOT, taking walks by the lake, and going for thai
at this {new amazing place}. they just opened, so please go and support!!

 sneak peek from their shoot. more to come. 


 tried a new recipe, chicken parmesan. 
very easy and so delicious!
go {here} for the recipe.  

 today my dad and i headed to draper for some mountain biking. 
mountain biking always takes me way out of my comfort zone. 
i fall off the bike, cut up my legs, and am humbled by my dad, aka 
"the mountain goat" who is an expert biker. 
he's a great teacher though, and encourages without mocking. too much. 
i feel so blessed to have such supportive and fun loving parents. 

oh also, i had a promising (i hope) job interview with a 
boys' drug rehab program. i'll find out if i got it next week. 
(!!!!) 
travis is going to be out of town all next week
working with his uncles, so if you want to go adventuring,
let me know! 

here's to enjoying warm weather, eating sweets, and working them off. 
xo












4 comments:

  1. so I figured out why I've been going crazy the last two days... where have you been?????? also, thanks for taking those amazing pictures of us. how would I ever get my picture perfect life posted without you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I try to do -- eat sweets in moderation... they're just too good to pass up forever! ;) You are so beautiful, missy! I just love your dark features. I love how much fun you've been having. And good luck with the job -- ah! Can't wait to hear the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I love Geckos! It is one of the best mexican restaurants. And right by my house!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers