Wednesday, May 2, 2012

hard things.

a quick post.

your replies brought me to tears and helped more than you could ever know! (kell, i applied for that job and it sounds amazing!!) thank you so much for caring and writing those sincere and loving messages.

things are better.

coming to terms with graduating. it helped to shopping for a dress to wear, to buy my cap and tassel, and to send out graduation announcements. oh, and travis telling me he has a surprise graduation present for me. presents just make everything better. also, i got my resume together and applied for a grown up job, so i feel a lot better on that front.

with the PTSD, i'm just going to try to be positive. it's so easy to give all the bad stuff in our lives our full attention. i'm going to try to not put those scary things on the center of my life stage, even if i did have a scary, memory-esque nightmare a few nights ago. even if everyone seems to drive the car he drives and i see it daily and am reminded. i'm trying to give those intrusive thoughts a moment of mourning and respect to myself, and then let something else on the stage. if that makes sense at all to anyone else.

the other night, travis was at work and i was taking a break from studying. i went on a bike ride down by the lake. everything was peaceful, the sunset was breathtaking, and i had my coldplay/dave matthews pandora station playing in my ears. life is beautiful. we have to do hard things, but we can do them.

it's like that quote, right? be kind to everyone you meet for they are fighting a hard battle. or something like that.
my friend chelsea is going through hard things dealing with fertility. {here}
another of my friends is going through hard things dealing with homosexuality in a culture where it's not understood or accepted. {here}
 this same friend texted me yesterday and told me to look up romans 8:16-18.
oh yeah, it's about to get bible up in here. 

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

and now for one of my all time favorites, also from Romans 8: 

  38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

we are all going through hard things. it's easy to feel alone, but we really aren't. thank you for being there for me. 

phew, all that bible talk wore me out. i'm going to go and slay my last final. happy hump day! 

had to balance out all that religion right? 

xo



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being so close to graduation, girl! I feel the same way as you. I am excited to graduate, but also scared because I don't know what I will do without school. But have fun at graduation and be excited about this next "adult" chapter of your life! Oh and don't forget to fashion your hair into a nice beard again using a bobby pin. I thought it complimented your graduation cap perfectly when you did it right before our test. :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - so interesting at the same time that you and another girl's blog i follow both had the Romans Scripture on there, maybe i need to listen to it, I mean its basically screaming at me if I see it twice within minutes!
    this is where i found it http://amberhermann.blogspot.com/2012/05/loots-of-thoots.html
    interesting right?
    Good luck on job interviewing, they would be crazy not to hire you!
    ps - i still want to do a photo shoot and now that i am out of school (and so are you!) Game On!! :)
    XO!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers