Saturday, May 5, 2012

graduated.

i had been dreaming of this day since i was a little girl. i got up early, paid special attention to my hair and makeup, and slipped on the lacy cream dress and string of pearls.
no, i'm not remembering my wedding day. i'm talking about my graduation from college.

i wasn't ever that little girl who had planned her wedding to the last detail, but i have always been looking forward to the day i would get to wear that black cap and gown, and hold that diploma in my hands. as a little girl, i remember playing with my mom's college tassel, being so excited to have my own one day. there wasn't a question of whether or not i would graduate; it was always the plan. yesterday was that day.

it was the perfect day! i had a great hair day, (yes, that matters) the people i love were there to support me, and when i heard them announce, "collette charles!" i won't lie, i got pretty emotional. taking that walk, i silently thanked everyone who had been there for me. when it was all over and i was sitting down, i had tears in my eyes and felt so thankful. only a tiny fraction of people on this earth get have a college education. i'm so thankful for the teachers, the knowledge, the friendships, and the lessons i learned. i'm so thankful for my parents and for travis, for their financial support and trust.

headed out to graduate! 

walking! 


DONE! 

 travis, my rock, my support. talked me through stats, reassured me 
almost daily that i could succeed, loved me even though i was a 
huge grump every time a paper was due, worked countless hours to pay
my tuition, and loved the whole time. 

 my parents, who "kicked" me out of the house at 18, supported me, loved me, my sweet mom who 
spent hours on the phone with me while i was away, my dad who always reminded me to 
live in the present tense. the great examples i had of the importance of education. 

 my dad, who had to be forced into wearing a suit, instead of his byu shirt to my graduation. 

 cleaned him out. 

 hawaii, you're still with me.

 my other rock, liana. she was the one who told me about the psych major and how great it is. 
she made the cute signs, insisted on me taking senior pictures, and is such a great support! 

 the infamous elevator in the old, rickety psych building. 

 the party at my parents' last night. 



the university of utah was a great place to finish. 
the psych department was wonderful and i loved my major. 
it's funny how you end up in something you never knew you liked. 
psychology just fit perfectly. 

now on to the next adventure: 
job interview on wednesday at the university hospital 
for the psych tech position. 

(kell, any tips or suggestions for this???) 

can't believe last week i was a hot mess and now i am riding cloud nine again. 

believe in yourself, work for your dreams!! 

love xo

5 comments:

  1. You're going to love it. Just answer questions honestly and if maybe you cant recognize when a patient is experiencing adverse effects of their medication, etc. just tell them no, but you're a quick learner and you'll catch on soon. It all comes with time. Just be yourself. If you have enough qualifications and show them you're a people person, you're hired. Theryre hiring a lot of techs- but they mostly need help on the weekends- so if you're willing to work those shifts, that's a double bonus. Congrats, and good luck! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it! good luck c-baby! keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It's such a huge accomplishment to get a Bachelors degree. Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gorgeous! Congrats on graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collette, you are such a star! Congratulations on graduating - that's such a big deal!!!! You look stunning in your darling dress & heels. Good luck at the interview -- you're going to nail it!

    PS - Thank you for all of your sweet, uplifting comments on my blog[s]... they always make my day! Sure do love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers