Saturday, March 17, 2012

my wild spring break of poppin' pills and photographing softcore kissing couples.

this week was spring break.
these sentences are going to be short and choppy.
i took over 2,000 pictures.
go {here} to see some of them. especially if you enjoy pretty brides, loving couples, or guitars.
this picture might be my favorite. (no offense to anyone in the pictures i took this week.)


i slept in to outrageously late times. (10:30am, which is the latest i have slept in like, forev.)
i ate the most amazing tamales from this taco stand on the corner of 7th west and 53th south. right by smith's. seriously, go there right now for their pork tamales and try the green salsa made with tomatillos, avocados, and cilantro in the big blue cooler. they are only ONE DOLLAR and they only sell tamales on friday and saturday. go now, thank me later.
i packed up my house. there are boxes everywhere. it is a disaster. i love it.
i didn't study. at all.
i went to the gym every day until thursday. that was the morning i woke up at 6am because i was in such intense pain. travis took me to instacare. turns out i sprained my back and shoulder, most likely at my weightlifting class wednesday morning. i have been laying down for three days straight. i am going insane. i have these giant muscle relaxer/horse pills/ tranquillizers that taste awful going down but turn my muscles to mush which lets me sleep relatively pain free. as long as i hold completely still.
my parents have been babysitting me taking care of me since travis had to go out of town for work and then go to the fire station this morning. they have been feeding me copious amounts of gourmet food, which they cook. plus my dad brings me mugs full of chocolate malt almond custard from nielson's custard, another place you should go right now. and bring me back some. my mom bakes gluten-free cookies. she uses blended oats that she blends in her blender instead of flour. and they are AMAZING. will post the recipe sometime soon. i am back to being able to dress myself and shower, so that's a relief. no heavy lifting anytime soon, which is convenient considering we are moving out next weekend.
so i'm not allowed to work out for a few weeks and i am gorging myself on breaded pork chops, homemade chicken and noodles, frozen custard, and cookies.
but the good news is i finally got brave enough to check test scores from before spring break.
i'm going to graduate on may 4th. all semester i have been terrified of failing a class or getting below a C anyway, and not being able to graduate. i didn't fail my tests, in fact, i aced them. except one that i did not ace, but i did pass well above failing.

oh and by the way,
WE ARE MOVING TO DAYBREAK.
DID I MENTION HOW AWESOME THAT IS?
it's been almost a full year of dreaming, house shopping, house selling, and living on hold in a house that never felt like home to either of us.
to say we are excited even it it's said like this: WE ARE EXCITED is not enough.

oh and also, a few of my friends have posted about happiness and depression and if you're into that, you should go {here} and {here}.  awesome.

oh another thing i did this week, re-read the first two hunger games books and i am now almost done with the third one. and travis reminds me so much of peeta, sosososo much, with his unfailing love and dedication and goodness. you guys do that too right, insert your loved ones into books and then you love the characters even more? can't wait to see the movie, but gonna be super sad when i'm done with book three tonight. :( kinda mopy and homesick? you know.

also, we were told that we don't need to teach sunday school anymore, since we are moving soon. for the first time in over a year and a half, i'm not planning a lesson or baking treats for my class. kinda relieved to have one less responsibility, but pretty sad about it, too. for all things a season, right?

ok, i think that's enough jibber jabbering. which reminds me of the poem i had to memorize in 5th grade, lewis carroll's the jabberwocky. which you should read. jeez, bossy much?

i really don't think the muscle relaxers have much effect on me, but after re-reading this post, maybe they do? i have to blame this strange mood on something, right?

have a lovely st pat's and if you are in the market for tranquillizers/horse pills, i have a whole bottle and student loans to pay off...

(seriously, just kidding, it's probably not safe to post stuff like that online.)

KIRK OUT
 xo


3 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers