Thursday, October 25, 2012

snow day.

oh hey. 
there is snow on the ground this morning.
i'm listening to my feist/hem pandora station.
it was a rough night. throwing up (yeah, the zofran isn't working so well anymore), trying to choke something down so i could go to sleep, then waking up 18767634 times to pee, then having a nightmare at 3am, being convinced a man was hiding somewhere in my house to torture and kill me, freaking out that i left the oven on, wandering around looking for the killer, and the word "looking" being used lightly because i'm blind as a bat and don't own any glasses. yeah, that's going to work, wandering around in your underwear, no weapon, and legally blind. what would you do if someone actually was there? get owned, that's what. 

i called travis and asked him to say a prayer on the phone with me because of how freaked out i felt. he fell asleep during his prayer a few times, bless him. oh the joys of being married to a fireman. 

all night i tossed and turned and  gagged and tried really hard not to throw up in bed. woo, i didn't. 
morning came and i began my daily countdown. 13 hours until you can go back to bed. 

then i put my contacts in, looked out the windows, and saw all this white fluff on rooftops and lawns. on my way down to the kitchen, i walked by the baby room and caught a glance of the yellow onsie we bought right after the positive pregnancy test. and the rocking chair my mom found secondhand. and i remembered that by christmas next year, we will have a seven month old baby scooting around, playing with decorations, and demanding all our attention. how exciting it will be hold that baby up to the window, point outside and say, "see that white stuff? that's snow!" 

mostly, i spend my days in survival mode. figure out something to eat, force myself to eat it, stay close to the toilet because i'll probably be kneeling over it soon, and trying to hold as still as possible. emotions like excitement, love, hope? yeah those are pretty dulled by nausea.  i forget that there's a reason i'm doing all this surviving. forget that in six months, the yellow onsie we bought will be all filled up with a newborn. 

i'm thankful for the snow today, reminding me i won't be stuck like this forever, and that something wonderful is coming. 

6 comments:

  1. reading this made me feel like i was getting a hug. except for the parts about vomiting. but all the baby-related things! all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I so feel your pain. My doctor gave me a prescription for Reglan today because I just can't seem to stop throwing up either. You're right, some days it is so hard to remember there's actually another human growing inside you and you're not just puking your insides out for the fun of it. Snow is awesome, we got 3 1/2 inches here. I'm so excited. You're totally dead on about how cool it is to share things with the little people. However, I read this blog right after yours and she's totally dead on too (depends on the age, lol)...http://crappypictures.com/look-mushrooms-sharing-the-world-with-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh! hang in there!!!! so sorry you feel so sick -- ughh! :( if it makes you feel better, you made another guest appearance in my dream last night & we were laughing a lot :) love ya!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad my dream self is still laughing! thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. something wonderful is happening. hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your zofran isn't working any more. It sounded like it was working great for awhile. I love hearing your journey. You are seriously so positive through it all and I admire it so much! You are incredible and you are going to make such a great mom one day super soon!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers