Monday, October 22, 2012

11 weeks

week 11 was a big week. 

the zofran is a huge help. while it doesn't completely "cure" me, it makes life so much better! i only threw up once all week, and that may have had more to do with the giant migraine than actual nausea. also, though the zofran has eh hem, backed me up, i've at least been able to have some small bowel movements. just drinkin' a butt ton of water and trying to eat fiber. totally worth it to not be a vomitus mass. 

this was the week i sprung for maternity pants! while the picture may not show it, i have a pretty nice little belly going on. i definitely don't look preggers, just more like i have eaten cafe rio every day for a month. anyway, i can still button my jeans, but they press uncomfortably on my bladder and end up making me nauseous. so i took the plunge and bought a few pairs of prego pants. 
they are amazing. 
it's like wearing sweats, only they look like jeans. pretty sure i'm just going to keep wearing them even after i'm done being pregnant. 

here's the 10 week picture, after our doctor appointment. 



 and 11 weeks, in my grandparents' house. 



last week my mom and i drove up to idaho falls, idaho to have a "girl's weekend" with my grandma. travis was out of town for the deer hunt, gotta love being married to a hunter, and my dad and grandpa were on a fishing trip. so us girls had fun shopping, crafting, and digging through my grandma's storage room for buried treasures. we found love letters from my grandpa while he was in the navy, a wooden rocking horse i used to love, antique dishes, and christmas decor. my generous grandma sent us home with tons of presents. my mom and grandma also took such great care of me, cooking whatever i felt like eating, which included what us mormons call "funeral potatoes" which are just potatoes au gratin, and fried eggs. felt great to get away and be pampered.

my cute mom with all her crafts.
she has been my rock through this pregnancy. 
wouldn't have gotten through it all without her.



grandparents at smitty's pancake house, which you should visit 
if you ever find yourself in IF. 



the german pancake i ordered was twice as big as my face. like it didn't even fit on the plate.
 i ate the entire thing, no shame. 

happy monday! 

xo


4 comments:

  1. You look so great!!! I know - are maternity pants the best?! I remember loving them when I was 11 weeks... yeah, I think that's when I took the plunge, too. Amazing.

    Also, I think you were in my dream the other night. No idea what it was about, but awesome! I love dream hang outs.

    Annnd those are the cutest crafts!!! I love that you guys found love letters -- ahhh! So romantic. And German Pancakes!!!! One of the tastiest flavors out there. So delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you, your mother, your grand parents are all so cute! you are rocking that prego look!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandpa looks like L. Tom Perry!!
    And you look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! you have a nice dress, I like it.

    Rolling Gate NYC

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers