Saturday, May 28, 2011

for sale, doodles, and loving the one you're with

last friday night neither of us felt like cooking, so we headed out to the pie to ingest a month's worth of carbs and fat. mmmmm.

side note: the first day i start my period, i am allowed to eat whatever i please, guilt free. a few days ago when i was eating a kit kat at my parents' house, my mom looked at me, surprised, because i don't usually eat that kind of junk at night, and travis, without looking up from his game of angry birds, said to her, "it's period day. she can eat whatever she wants." seriously, the man is a dream.

anyway, the period was still giving me an excuse to eat anything, so travis and i ordered a cheesy, meat loaded pizza. as we were sitting there, wolfing down goodness, we said:

c: this is taking years off of my life!
t: laughs, i know right!
c: so we have to eat the same amount of slices then!
t: wait! what slice are you on? stop!
c: you're on 4 and i'm on 2! you stop!
t: well i want to die first anyway.

like ten minutes later:

t: wait! how many have you had! stop!

and i really hoped someone at another table heard him and thought he was an overbearing, abusive husband fueling my eating disorder.

we just have a really good time all the time.

in other news, our house is officially on the market! (second one down) yesterday my uncle, our realtor, called me with news that three people had inquired about our house yesterday morning. oh and they wanted to come over in 2 hours! i ran around cleaning showers and hiding laundry piles. they were early, naturally, so i watched this cute little family with three kids walking though our home. it was a little strange, seeing this family walking through our house and thinking they could live here instead of us. i'm never very good at settling down anywhere. i always have this itch to be going somewhere else, learning something else, etc. so i'm very excited for our new adventure to get going.

i saved the best for last. obviously if you're my facebook friend, you know we bought a goldendoodle last week. travis had been looking at them online for months and there was a litter in sandy, so we went to look, just for fun. turned out travis fell in love with the breed and i fell in love with one of the puppies. they were extremely cheap and we talked them down even cheaper, so we decided to buy one! we named him charlie, (thank you brittany bezzant, hollar!) and he is great. :)






7 comments:

  1. Want. Doodle. Now. Can our doodles be friends when I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww!!!! yes! Welcome to puppy parenting :)
    Trust me, its plenty good practice (and birth control) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maw! Puppies are so fun - when they aren't destroying your house and the things you love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh at least 3 times. Then made me go, "Ohhhhh, I want one!" I can tell you've found a new love. An indication when one posts about 1298327916 ridiculously cute pictures of their new pup on facebook. :) You're a lucky girl... two wonderful guys living right in your own house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyla the German Shepherd can't wait to meet/attack/play/fight with Charlie. She will be there Monday if I am brave enough to travel with two kids and a puppy by myself! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh snap! made it on the blog! holla!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers