Wednesday, June 12, 2013

things that must go and things that must stay.

hello, and welcome to this week's edition of things that must



it's simple really, things that must stay and things that must go. 

we do hope you will enjoy the show. 


things that must go


1. medical bills. so many medical bills. yeah this picture, each page isn't just for one bill. there are days and days of infusion on each bill. yes. at this point, adoption would have been the cheaper route. (don't worry, remy, you were worth every penny!) 



2. old food. so much old food. we cleaned out the pantry and fridge finally, all that food we bought trying to find me something i could eat while i was pregnant. yeah, two garbage sacks full of things like crackers, cereal, granola bars, etc, that all went bad. then, travis the champion, cleaned out the fridge and found things like this gem: 


happy to report a clean and orderly kitchen now. 


3. travis's mom's neighbor giving me the old judge-a-roo for not breastfeeding. she was over while we were at trav's parents' and she asked me if i was breastfeeding. i told her no. she looked down at remington, couldn't even look at my face, and said, "oh, that's too bad." 

...

luckily, a friend was there who rolled her eyes and made me feel better. 



4. so travis says i'm not allowed to say what was going on in this picture, for lawful reasons, but yeah. the things happening in this picture need to go. before all the birds in my in-laws' backyard do. 



i love you travis.


seriously, how wonderful is my life if i can't seem to think of any more things that must go. on to...


things that must stay! 


1. so the obvious: this face. 




2. or how about this kid's curly hair.




3. how about our neighbors storing their alcohol in their front flower beds. i think yes.




4. stroller parades. and how at the park there were 23,000 minivans parked in a row. i'm enjoying mommyland, but seriously i can't handle the minivans. 




5. summer sunsets.




6. eating. a lot. of mexican food apparently. (don't worry, i cook sometimes too.) but if you haven't ever been to the lonestar taquaria, please go there and eat their fish tacos. 






7. travis being a sexy beastmother. beastfather? i know i've said it before, but there is nothing sexier than your man taking care of your baby. good thing my IUD is in. too bad i'm too afraid of getting pregnant to test it out. someday, maybe. 




i may have been sneaking pictures of his backside at the hardware store. 

also, (unfortunately not pictured) something that really needs to stay was the other night when i was doing yoga. travis disappeared upstairs and then reappeared wearing these tiny black boxer briefs. he then proceeded to "do yoga" with me, aka exaggerate the poses by sticking out his rear and package and making me die of laughter. 
yes, i said package. hope any family members reading this enjoy that visual.


8. taking remington to the pool. check out his huge hat!!!!! and the open fly on my shorts. 



but really, having so much fun with these ladies and their bebes.






  yes indeed, sporting the bikini, imperfections, belly rolls, and all. 




9. remington loves to look at patterns, contrasting light and shadow, etc. when i say loves, i mean, really really loves.



this picture kills me. my exhausted morning face, and then remington staring uncontrollably at the ceiling. 





so there you have it. hope you enjoyed this week's edition of things that must. 
we do hope you will tune in next time.



xo.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! Remy is seriously so cute. That picture of him smiling! And the one where he's staring cross eyed at his blonket lol, love it. And your swimsuit one... Russ says, "holy cow, she just had a baby a month ago!" i'm like "I know right?!?! What the heck???" lol. Ahh, hospital bills... gotta love that. It's great you have so many mommy friends with kiddos the same age as Remy too, that helps out a lot I bet. It's always nice to have people to talk to that are going through the same stuff as you at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to believe that she was sympathizing with you....but i think we both know she wasn't. she's a bit off her rocker...trust me.
    it was so good to see you guys! your baby is adorable and it was good to be able to talk to you. thanks for letting jon get baby hungry over your child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. his little face!!! just kills me! he is so sweet and precious and i can't wait to meet him some day!

    mommy gang

    the mom squad

    The Mamas

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a running commentary going through my head every time I read a post of yours and I just want to be there in person and say it out loud because now I can't remember it all so I scroll back up through it and go through it all again and forget it all by the time I reach the bottom. I swear this happens every time. Mostly his face is precious, you are amazing, I wish I was in your mommy group, your husband is a hottie, you are a fantastic mommy, love the unzipped pants with the boxes of diapers in the background,

    oh and the yoga! I have a terrible, terrible story about yoga post-baby. I was about 10 weeks Postpartum, attempted p90x yoga and....let's just say....it was not pretty. (there was a whole lot of q to the weefing going on, if you must know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cute tired morning face!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers