Monday, January 31, 2011

six months ago today



















Travis Randy Botcher married me.

it was July 31, 2010, a saturday morning.
he came over as i was finishing up my hair.
of course i was freaking out.
"it looks bad! i should have had someone
do it for me!"
i was being a bit grumpy about it.
travis calmed me down, as always.

he drove us to the temple in his
black toyota tacoma, the
car he picked me up in
for our first date
almost two years before.
he was all smiles.
his new suit looked so handsome
and his blue eyes literally sparkled.

the salt lake city temple
was everything i had ever dreamed of
white and cream and glittering chandeliers
happy attendants directing us to the right rooms.
the man who sealed us together was
wise, kind, and clever.
my dad cried.
holding travis's hand over the alter
i felt a kind of love and peace
i had never known before.

the luncheon and reception
turned out perfectly
even with all the rain.
my grandparents danced for the band
getting soaked with huge smiles
on their faces.
i sang for travis, a song
i had known for years
and wanted to find the man
it was talking about.

family, friends, loved ones
all there celebrating the love
and commitment we made.
at the end of the night
it felt perfectly natural to
leave together.
to start a new life.

it's not always easy.
and even though i get
upset sometimes.
and consider blowing our
savings to fly to a
beach somewhere, alone,
(i've never gone so far as to
look up flights mind you)
i would never trade the
past six months
for anything.
i'm the luckiest girl
to have married travis
and i love him more than words.

thanks for putting up
with me for the past six months
darling :)
hope the next six are even better.

love you!



3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Happy 6-month mark!!! There's nothing as sweet & rewarding as being married to your best friend :) I love it! Cheers to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you two! Just wait until its been 10 years and you look at each other and think "how am I so lucky, how can I possibly love you even more than the day we got married?"
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers